Thinking of buying an engagement ring, but don’t know how much you should spend on it. Don’t go by preconceived notions put forth by fashion magazines or jewelry designers. Think and decide as per your individual capacity and strictly on how much your pocket allows.
You might have heard of a “Two-Month’s Salary’ rule. Well, that was nothing but a marketing campaign by a De Beers, to stir up their sales of engagement rings in times of recession. So don’t go by it.
Some considerations that you should keep in mind before deciding on how much you would want spend on the engagement ring
- Living costs and other costs that you see would incur in near future.
- Cost V/S quality of the ring.
- The jeweler that you are buying the ring from.
- Are the diamonds certified?
- Income earning potential of both of groom and bride to be.
Neither too much nor too little
Think wisely before you go for buying an engagement ring and have a rough idea of how much would you want to spend on it. Don’t make hasty decisions. Don’t go for anything too exorbitant and don’t settle for cheap as well. Make a sensible decision that you wouldn’t have to regret later.