We are just a few days ahead of the Thanksgiving Day and we need to make preparations of the day, especially if we are looking forward to inviting our guests. The friends and the family would love to see how managed our preparations are for the day and it will be great fun for us as well to see everything working in co-ordination and as planned.
1) You need to decide on what is going to be the menu for the dinner. Most common thing is the turkey food, but many people these days opt for the other things as well and hence deciding earlier can help you prepare better. This will also relieve you of the confusion of what to make and what not to make; often this confusion leaves people anxious and much of the time is wasted.
2) Secondly, prepare the list of the items that you may need to cook the decided menu. Check if you have all of the items available with you and it will be great if you can stock up with them so that there is no botheration while cooking the dishes.
3) Do not forget to prepare some vegetarian dishes if someone in the invited people is vegetarian. This will make them feel good and satisfied. Making the turkey dish with tofu is a popular idea for the vegetarian guests and they love it too much. You can also ponder over making some candy turkey for the little ones. they will love to have it.
4) Thanksgiving Day preparations besides cooking can be arranging the tables and modifying the interiors of the home. You can put the decorative pieces that speak of the day and these can be bought very easily from the market. Some people who love to craft out their own, can take help from the internet, which is full of free tutorials on how to make such pieces.
5) Finally you can arrange for some interesting games to be played with the family and the friends on the special day. Also, watching TV with them is another traditional yet popular idea. You can watch movies at home if you all love doing so.
6) Finally, it will be a nice gesture if you can prepare a Thanksgiving prayer in advance and use that on Thanksgiving Day. This can be the one where you can pour your heart out and the words will speak of your feelings.